Coconut Milk & Honey for Hair loss

photo-252

I just started trying coconut milk on my hair, not only for it’s known hair growing abilities but also to prevent hair loss. Recently my hair has been falling out when I comb (gulp), so I decided to try and add some coconut potion on it. Coconut is known for promoting hair growth because It’s rich in protein, and essential fats. These elements are valuable in growth and maintenance of healthy hair, and also preventing hair loss. When applied  to the hair, coconut milk provides quick results. I read many articles on how your hair responds to the coconut milk and hair gets noticeably softer and hair loss diminishes.

So I decided to give it a try, I brought a can of coconut milk and added some honey for moisture since these winter days in New York have made my hair rather dry.

photo-250photo-249

I then whisked the ingredients together and poured the mixture into an empty hand soap container for an easier distribution of the treatment.

photo-253photo-251

When you apply it to the hair, make sure to massage your scalp for at least 2 minutes, this will stimulate blood flow to the scalp and help nourish it. Leave it in for an hour, if your in a rush leave it on for no less than 30 min.

Finally shampoo and final rise with cold water.

*Your hair will feel greasy at first, but after you let your hair dry it will look  shiny, hydrated, and soft.

Do this once a month or once a week for people with really dry hair, and you will reap the rewards.

DSC_0086

*The last picture was taken recently and I have “ombre” tips. My hair was brittle in the first pic, falling out a lot, and very dry.

Comments

• says

I was applying it once or twice a month at first as I was intent on seeing results, which I did! Now it’s more like every 2-3 months or so. Has improved my hair loss, and scalp dryness. I have also been using an SLS free shampoo with rosemary and peppermint essential oils as they are also good for hair growth.

• says

SLS is sodium lauryl sulfate, a detergent ingredient added to shampoos that creates a lathering effect. The problem with SLS is that it removes too much. It literally strips the hair bare. With constant use of shampoo with SLS ingredients, hair becomes thinner, duller, and more frazzled. It can cause hair to become gray faster, actually stripping the natural color right out of the hair. SLS has a damaging effect on the scalp.

1. Jodie says

Since growing my hair out I notice more loss/breakage. I’m also have low iron which I’ve read can cause hair loss as well. This sounds like a great treatment as my hair is dry as well. Did you use a foaming soap dispenser? I’m excited to try this! Thanks for sharing

• says

I have not tried the foaming dispenser but will do, sounds better! This is actually a great treatment for dry hair, leaves my hair shiny and hydrated!

• says

I now started getting regular trims, (which also helps), I must say my hair is long and has been growing at a good pace, and unlike before it used to grow long and brittle it is now growing stronger, but I think it has to do with both the treatment and the trims. I am also going to start taking biotin and posting about it later.

• says

You can apply it on wet or dry hair, after the treatment you should always rinse with warm water and then shampoo. Coconut milk is very greasy, after you shampoo use a conditioner and you’re done!

2. Lisa says

Do you use the shampoo and conditioner for the rosemary mint? FYI, your hair looks great, making mine today:)

3. Swtstar says

I apologize for a silly question, but I have some leftover coconut oil, would that do instead or is coconut milk the only way to go? Thank you!

• says

Coconut milk has moisturizing effects while adding protein to your hair, it’s more of a protein treatment. Coconut oil has no protein, you can still use it as a hair treatment to add shine and moisture to the scalp. Coconut milk is rich in protein and other nutrients and this makes it good for healthy hair growth.

4. Angela says

For the “after” picture did you blow dry your hair or did it air dry? I normally air dry my hair so I’m curious. If you blow dried it, did you use any product?

• says

I blow dry my hair, but I don’t use any product in my hair at all. On the days when I’m not doing the coconut milk, I make sure I hydrate by putting sweet almond oil on my hair (when it’s dry) before I shampoo & condition.

5. Monica says

How much do you apply to your hair?
    I’m actually using it right now and I just used enough to make my hair soaked with it all the way through. Smells so good!!

6. Annie Rosario says

My mom is having hair loss problems. We have palm trees in our back yard so we are going to try this with a coconut. Thank you for sharing!

7. sheela says

Does it really work? my hair has been falling a lot lately as if i’m suffering from leukemia. I’m afraid i’ll go bald. ;'( I’ve tried all sorts of traditional method but it didn’t work. Hope this one works out. Thanks :)

8. nicole tweed says

Hey, so I tried this and ended up using about half of the mixture. I noticed that it made my hair tangle up something feirce. Isnl it the way I put it in, or is that normal?

• says

Hi, yes it’s normal. You have to shampoo and condition afterwards as you would normally. When you apply it feels like it leaves your hair tangled and stiff, just make sure you use a good conditioner, rinse with water first before shampooing. Happened to me as well, but once my hair was washed and dried it felt great!

9. Sabrina Cortinas says

I used this on my hair last week, worked amazing btw, i didnt read the part on doing it ‘once a month’. so i have it in my hair again today. is that bad.? is there a reason i should wait a month.?
    I only ask cause i use to use coconut oil on my hair like twice a week. so i guess i assumed i could use this concoction on the regular as well.

• says

I have heard of people who use it once a week, so I think it’s ok. I use it once a month because it’s my preference, I would think if your hair needed it then go for it! :) It’s all natural and it’s great on the hair!

• Megan says

You shouldn’t do a heavy protein treatment on your hair like this one too often, because it will actually cause breakage. No more than once/week! If you are doing this , you also shouldn’t be doing any other type of protein treatments (eggs, mayo, aloe, etc) as it can wreak havoc on your hair.

• says

I agree. It is a heavy treatment, I started with once a week and moved up to once a month. It has worked great for me, it depends on your hair type as well. I also comb my hair with a wide tooth comb to avoid breakage.

10. Heather says

How much of each do you mix together? My hair is naturally greasy so I want to make sure this wont make it worse :)

• says

Coconut milk is very oily, I suggest you use just a little since your hair is greasy, it does wash out though. I use a whole can with 2 table spoons of honey.

11. jaa says

Do you think this would work on ethnic hair? I’m mix and my hair is really thick and dries out really bad the shampoo i use now has honey in it and i love it but i need something that will make my hair grow a tad bit longer as well as to help it not be so dry

• says

This would definitely work on ethnic hair, this treatment is very moisturizing. For hair growth I would recommend using products with rosemary.

• Megan says

Usually, ethnic hair doesn’t respond well to protein. You would probably do better with a hot oil treatment. Depending on the porosity and protein tolerance of your hair, you might try this and hate it. Protein treatments include eggs, mayo, aloe, coconut milk, etc. Other methods use oil, bananas, avocado, and honey. Once your hair starts growing stronger and with proper moisture, it will feel like it’s growing super fast because it isn’t breaking anymore.

12. says

I have oily hair at the roots and dry hair from mid shaft of my hair (so basically combination hair) Do i apply this from root to tip or from mid shaft to tip? Thanks

• says

You should apply to the roots as well, it’s very beneficial to your scalp in terms of hair growth. If your hair is really oily at the roots then try to do the treatment less often. If you just want to hydrate your dry ends then its ok to apply just at the ends of your hair.

• says

I haven’t used coconut cream but I guess it would make for a deep treatment since it’s thicker…give it a try! Let me know how it works out for you!

• Tay says

Will do….I am going to try it out tomorrow and will leave some feedback for you,. Thank you for responding so quickly to my reply. Have a “Great” evening, Glory!!! :)

13. Tay says

Ok….I just finish my hair mask using coconut cream instead of coconut milk and it was …..hmmmmm…interesting. The result was “AMAZING” but the initial start was complicated…whew!!! I began with one can of coconut cream and 2 Tblsp of honey and applied it to my hair…warning ” this process was “VERY, VERY STICKY, GOOEY and DRIPPY”! I had covered my hair with a plastic cap for 2 hours, rinse with shampoo and conditioner and set my hair as usual and I was truly blown away with the finish outcome. I will definitely do this again next week just because I love the results. I know that everyone hair is different but this really work for me. Thank you again, Glory for your post.:)

14. stephanie says

Trying this as I type. My wedding is in four months and I’ve tried a lot of products to remedy this hair breakage situation. Can’t wait to see the results!

15. says

how offen did you “trim” you hair. i get mine cut every 3 months and they always tell me they “need” to cut 1 in off and my length isnt going anywhere!! with the treatment your hair should stay heathy to skip a few hair cuts right??

16. Alex says

How often do you wash your hair? Because I heard washing your hair too much strips the natural oils off your hair? Btw I’m super jelly I love your hair

17. varsha kadel says

Can i use normal milk and i runn have that dry hair so it would ve okay if i use ut once in a week??

• says

I have not used regular milk, I use coconut milk since it’s known to strengthen and prevent hair loss. You can get it at your local supermarket.

18. varsha kadel says

M goin through a heavy hair fall..how many tyms should in a weak o should try dis??ll it work??

19. Lucia says

Hello! I have a question. For what I’ve been reading, this method stops the hair loss. But does it make your hair “being born” again? I’ve lost much hair in the past few weeks, can I have back the same amount of hair I had before this hair loss? I don’t care about the hair length, I just want my hair to be again volumous. I’m doing some dietary changes to improve hair and scalp nutrition, I hope now everything is going to be ok. Thanks for your attention and forgive any mistakes I’ve made with the english language (I’m portuguese). Oh, and I’m going to try it and use apple cider vinegar, instead of conditioner. :-)

• says

You can try this treatment once a week, it’s wonderful. There are many reasons for hair loss, changing your diet is a good way to start. We also tend to neglect our hair, regular trims and hair treatments is a must! :)

• Lucia says

Thank you for your answer. I did the treatment for the first time last monday and my hair fell a lot! :-( But I won’t give up. :-)
        Despite all the hair that fell, the hair on my head was very silky. The apple cider vinegar, together with the coconut milk, did an amazing job. But please, do tell me, does this treatment make the hair “get born” again? By “hair growth”, I understand “bigger in length”, and I don’t need hair bigger in length, I need more hair in my head…
        Thanks again for your time!

• says

Coconut milk is good for preventing hair loss and for nourishing the hair and make it stronger and longer. I’m not sure about hair regrowth. It contains proteins which helps with breakage and hair loss.

20. melissa says

Hi.. Ever since I gave birth my hair hasn’t stop falling is going to be 2 years :( I did not read that it was 2 tsp of honey. So I put a small jar. Will this affect the way the process will come out?

• says

Not to worry! Honey is a humectant, it helps to retain moisture and smooths hair. It has also been said that it can keep the scalp healthy and promote hair growth! I use less honey since I want it to last a couple of treatments and also because the coconut milk is very oily so I put just a bit of honey.

21. Arbaz ahmed says

My hair started falling down so the doctor told me to use this this extracts and shampoo..for the growth of more hairs can i use this treatment too in the presence of other medicines?

22. Geraldine Kruger says

Wow….gonna try this on me and my daughter’s hair…..usually I use coconut oil, but this sounds better. Just an idea…..I don’t rinse the coconut oil off with water…..I put shampoo directly on the coconut oil treated hair….wait for a few minutes and then wash the hair….the hair is less oily that way than when you try to rinse it with warm water first. This method will probably work for the coconut milk as well 😀

23. Maya says

Hey I was searching for coconut milk hair therapies and this thread is very interesting, so many people have actually tried this and benefited! I am definitely going to try this weekend. I have mid length straight hair, not too dry but am loosing a lot of hair lately. Hope this one helps. Thanks for this. I will post how it went.
    Take care

• says

I used the whole can of coconut milk and added 1 tablespoon on honey. I stored the rest in the freezer and thawed it out before using it the following week.

24. Melonieo says

i tried this on my hair. I did it once a week for two weeks and had get results. I missed two weeks and my hair starting falling out again.i also use tea tree shampoo during the week.

25. kimberly says

I am fixing to try this right now. I pray it works . My hair is very very dry and nothing seems to work.
    Do u cover the hair after the application or just put it up??

26. Mj205 says

Hi.. I’m crazy about using coconut milk after your blog :)
    How long do you think I can use the mixture if I’m using natural coconut milk?
    I’m not using canned ones

27. ram says

Hi

Thanks a lot for sharing a great tip and help with all of us.
    I have a query…can we heat the CAN CoConUT MILK becoz. it has very thin paste n by heating we can make it thick but is it good to heat it??????

Thanks n regards
    Mrs. Rajni

• subby says

Hello glory, au are u doing? Really love ur posts. Pls I’m a beautiful gal who is in need of a full and long hair. I’m presently on dreadlocks and I plan to carry it 4 8months of which its just 1month old. I don’t know wat to do cos I need front and back hair cos I can do some hairstyles dat will reveal ma back hair cos its scanty. Now I need ur advice. 1stly, I plan to get castor oil and mix it wiv olive oil. Can I use d castor and olive oil as ma normal hair oil? Also, I plan mixing honey wiv ma hair cream(indian hemp),does dat make sense? And lastly, is it ok to carry d dreadlocks 4 dat long? Though, I will keep treting it and washing it once every month for 8months. Pls advice me. I’m sick and tired of the way ma hair is. Will be so glad if we can get to chat. Ma yahoo messenger is “beautifulsubby4real”. Thanks glory. One love, subby.

• says

Hi Subby, I don’t know much about dreadlocks but if you want longer hair you have to wash at least once a week. Natural oils, hair products, scalp buildup and air pollution all build up on your hair. This isn’t helping where growth is concerned. A clean scalp is a healthy scalp, so shampoo with a gentle product on a regular schedule, and alway use treatments like coconut milk!

28. Nevalan says

I’m making up a batch in just a moment! Here’s an idea that I’m taking from soapmaking that you might find useful. When you freeze your coconut milk, use ice trays instead of freezing the whole bottle. That way you thaw out only what you need for each treatment and no nutrients are lost by constant thawing and refreezing!

29. Cassie says

I have short Natural thick hair and i used this treatment but instead of honey i used organic olive oil. I feels so soft but i wanted to know how long will it last? And can i use this treatment once a week or does it have to be ebery 2 weeks?

• says

You can use it as often as needed. The left over coconut milk can be stored in an ice cube tray. You can thaw out 5 cubes or so depending on the length of your hair and apply as usual.

30. joy says

i have tried this and it really works., mix virgin coconut oil 5 Tsb and 2 tsb olive oil put it in your hair after you are done with your conditioner and dont rinse. This is very effective in taming your curly hair

31. Sarah says

How long does the mixture last? And did yours separate? Also I made mine last week and put it on my hair and when I went to do it this week it smells awful.

• says

Yes! Coconut milk is packed with vitamins that do wonders for the hair. It moisturizes and strengthens allowing your hair to grow stronger. You have to be consistent, and the longer you leave it on your hair the better!

• says

I use one can of coconut milk and add 2 tablespoons of honey. Whatever is left over you can put in ice cube tray and freeze. When you are ready to use again just thaw out a couple cubes and apply as usual.

32. Danielle says

I used the mixture a week ago and put the rest in some Tupperware and put it in the freezer? Do I just take it out and let it thaw during the day, or put in in the microwave?

• says

I dont’ see why not, just make sure there’s no extra added sugar as I gather it’s more for desserts. Keep in mind that coconut milk is less expensive than coconut cream and also easier to wash out :)

33. Cera Comeau says

Do you just leave it in the soap bottle by the shower? Would it go bad? Did your hair grow from using this?

• Debbie says

Hi, I tried something like this recently using pure unprocessed- right out of our hive- honey. The honey was so thick and wouldn’t mix in or spread out. It ended up being a sticky mess, and pulled my hair. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the honey work. It hurt so bad I’m not sure I want to try it again. I tried to micowave to honey to thin it out but that didn’t work either.

• says

Once the honey is mixed with the coconut milk the honey will not be sticky. The trick is to use a small amount, it shouldn’t over power the coconut milk. You should always mix your honey with a liquid.

• says

Coconut milk. It has extra nutrition for the hair. Coconut oil can be used as a hair treatment as well, it gives hair that extra shine! Coconut milk is more of a deep protein treatment to help it grow healthy and strong.

34. Marie says

Thank you, I’m going to try this myself! My hair has fallen out somewhat because of medication that I am on. It seems to be coming back but not as thick and strong as it was, probably because of the meds… maybe this will help! Thank you so much for your recipe of love!

35. says

I have used Coconut oil as a hot oil treatment in my hair before I cut off all the damaged ends. Now that my hair is a lot shorter, I am going to try this. My hair isn’t really weak, nor falling out, but it doesn’t hurt to help it keep strong. I hope it doesn’t matter what brand of milk to use. I got Goya. Should I use more honey because my hair is really thick and curly or no?

36. Aman says

Mostly hair fall during washing and especially during massaging. Will just spraying oil on hair will do the work ? My hair fall too much if I put oil and massage .

37. linda harrison says

after washing the coconut milk &honey out, what would be the best shampoo to use?? And also would you let your hair air dry or can you blow dry it ??

38. Lucy says

I was wondering if you had to heat up the coconut milk first or just use it as it is? And how much honey should I use in the mixture?

39. Jumana Hasin says

Please tell me if i can use freshly prepared coconut milk. If so what is the proportion of milk and honey? Will it be too runny? If so what to do to make it creamier? will this stop my hair fall and promote hair growth for sure? i have a long hair but its falling down and getting thinner.. please help me on this..

• says

You can use fresh coconut milk but it will be very runny! I just put a towel around my neck and put a shower cap on. I heard people include oatmeal to make it thicker, although I haven’t tried it myself. This will promote hair growth, and prevent hair loss.

40. Kelly says

I tried this for the first time today! I left the mixture on my hair for about a hour and a half, then showered, shampooed and conditioned like I normally do. My hair is sooo soft and shiney now! Not oily at all. I’m impressed and definitely will continue doing this!

41. Elizabeth Anderson says

I am doing the baking soda wash no poo thing… after this treatment, is it okay to baking soda wash, and apple cider rinse ? Or can I just water only wash ?

42. kr says

I use coconut milk in a spray bottle with some lavender oil added (keep it in the fridge) as a leave in. I braid my hair at night after showering and a add a light coating on before I braid then again after I braid I spray on it on the braids and pat it on the top and squeeze it down the braids. It works like a gel holding them in place and when I get up and take the braids out I have lovely beach waves.

43. Alicia J says

I got a dairy free coconut milk, will that make a difference? Also after showering, do I just leave the leftovers in the little bottle i bought? Or put it in the fridge?

44. Lora says

I put mine into a condiment bottle to apply, the long nose on it makes it easier to apply without such a mess. Then freeze leftover in little Glad plastic containers size appropriate to how much I use for an application. Great stuff!

45. Maddison says

My store didn’t carry coconut milk so i used coconut cream…. i also put a banana in and my hair and now my boyfriend can’t keep his hands out of my hair.

46. Courtney W says

Hello,
    I ran across your post through Pinterest and decided to try it out. I have naturally curly/wavy hair which makes it considered coarse, plus I straighten it daily and dye it all the time. So I put my hair through the works. I found your post and decided to give it a try. I used some unsweetened coconut milk from Whole Foods and organic honey, then followed up the treatment with a Rosemary rinse also found on Pinterest. With one treatment of the coconut mask and rosemary rinse I have to say my hair feels amazing! It is soft, shiny, and really easy to manage. I was very shocked that it showed such a difference with one use. I will surely be using this method to see what results I get. Thanks so much for the blog so I can share in this treatment!

47. Shirley says

Hi! I bought Thai coconut milk and when I opened it, it was more of a solid consistency. I’ve read your comments about the treatment being “runny”, so just thought I’d check and make sure that’s what it was supposed to look like! Didn’t mix it up yet, just stuck it in the frig til I heard back from you. Thanks!

• says

I think that should work just fine. There is two kinds of coconut milk, the thick one is more for baking desserts, I think it might have added sugar…not sure…I never tried the solid one, I just alway use the liquid coconut milk.

• says

Thanks,yes where i come from we use coconut cream and milk almost in most cooking, and coconut oil for hair.Now i ma here an din winter it gets frozen like if we put coconut oil on hair, i started it again as now its summer, ys trying coconut milk to wash hair every 2 times a week even three.I am also trying Biotin pills and had Hairfinity deal for two months, .I can see the results as i am not seeing the bathtub full of hair like it was before, and hoping one of the products has worked.I now need to see the growth of hair.Coconut milk and honey just keeps the scalp soft and no itching .

48. Robin says

I recently started putting just coconut milk (Trader Joe brand from the cold box section) every night in my hair all night, then wash and condition in the morning. After one week, my hair is noticeably thicker, longer and healthier! The milk did not go rancid overnight. Only problem I encountered is that I wake up looking like Medusa! For years I have tried numerous hair products which helped a bit but nothing close to this! Miracle milk!

49. Girly says

Hmmm, looks cool, I must try this! :) Currently, I am using a product called Pro Naturals moroccan argan oil after each shower and it helps a lot. It’s a heat protectant too. You can get some online. Oh and get trims, just little ones at a time a few months apart so you don’t get split ends that’ll stop the hair from growing.

50. abeer ashraf says

My hair get burned from babyliss .. Do u have treatment for it ?? Do u think coconut milk can help

51. Melanie says

I found this post on pinterest and thought I’d try it out. I just put coconut milk in my hair no honey.. BUT ive had it in for a few minutes and some areas feel itchy!! I have no allergies and I eat coconut everything so this itching is a little alarming… should I wash it out? can someone tell me if this is normal??

52. Melanie says

ok, thanks! I washed it out pretty quickly… I’m gonna give it another try just to see if it happens again cuz usually I’m not sensitive to any products no matter what they are.. so we’ll see what happens :)

53. Regina Williams says

How much milk and honey am I suppose to use…..been losing hair do to my blood thinner and if there is a way to stop the loss and have it regrow then I’m so game. Use to have thick black hair and want it back….please advise me

• says

One can of coconut milk and 2 tablespoons of honey. Leave the mixture in your hair for 30min to an hour, rinse and wash as usual. You can do this once a week for as long as it takes for your hair to grow back stronger.

54. Vidya says

hi,
    did you apply coconut milk on hair as soon as you extracted the milk from coconut.Some say it has to be refrigerated and leave it on hair for 5 hours.Iam going to try for the first time as my hair is falling and has lot of split ends.Pls help.

• says

I started using this once a week because my hair needed the treatment. Now that it’s better I use this once a month. During the winter time months I do it maybe twice a month. Try storing in the freezer, maybe in in little baggies, like ziplock bags, just enough for one treatment so you can thaw out the bag and apply to your hair.

55. Heather says

Do you apply this product on your hair while it’s dry or should a pre-wash and normal every day treatment be done to your hair first? I really like this because these products are in my home! :)

56. Nikki says

Hello I’ve use this on my hair and it did stop my hair loss by reducing shedding almost instantly. I also did a black tea rinse first then the coconut mix. I find it to be quite messy and runny. I’m seeing more shedding again so I plan to do a second treatment. I want to know what you think about coconut cream instead of the loose milk. I will also share my results with you. Thank you.

• says

I don’t use coconut cream since it has a lot of added sugar and ingredients that your scalp doesn’t need. The coconut milk, although runny, is more effective in my opinion. Let me know how works out on your hair :)

• Leona says

Omg i have tried this and i must say it works for me. I have hand a scalp problem and issues with my hair falling out.for 5yrs. The amount of money i have spent on such expensive treatments to try heal my scalp and help my hair loss was quite depressing. And come across this smiple solution has helped me tremendously for 2 months.

• says

You can use a sulfate free shampoo after the treatment. Don’t shampoo twice and make sure it’s a hydrating chemical free shampoo. The shampoos that have sulfates will strip your hair from all it’s moisture. I recommend Shea moisture shampoo and follow with a conditioner.

57. Danika Duvall says

What is the fastest but best way to thaw it out? In the microwave (which I think would cause a film to form on top.) Or just put the container in luke warm water before using?
    I was thinking of putting it in a separate container, and scoop out what I needed, instead of thawing out the whole container.

• says

Once the honey is mixed with the coconut milk it is no longer sticky. Honey is for moisture. The shampoo’s name brand is SheaMoisture, Coconut & Hibiscus Shine Shampoo. It’s all natural you can get it at target

• Nikki says

Hello I’ve done a big chop on my hair since last year. I alternate the tea rinse and your mix. Because my hair is so short now, I’m going to use Parrot brand all natural pure creamed coconut. I will follow up on my results and thanks so much for your reply.

58. angela says

Hi, I can’t find coconut milk in canned form in my country, only coconut cream. Does it work the same way too? What about fresh coconut milk? And my scalp is so oily, but hair fall has always been so serious, this mask is suitable too?
    Thank you for helping me.

• says

It has to be the milk not the cream. Fresh coconut water if helpful but coconut milk contains iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, protein and vitamins that are great for hair loss.

59. Madeleine says

I’m reading this, I would like to try it but I don’t see the amount anywhere of honey to use to one can of coconut milk.

60. Daffy says

hey I was reading the comments I’m going to try this but , I was wondering instead of doing it once a week can I do it once every two weeks ?

61. cheddar1 says

This really works. I tried it last night and my hair feels so soft and looks I better condition already. I’ve frozen remainder as suggested. Thank you.

62. Clarissa says

In earlier comments, you said one can of coconut milk to 2 tbsp honey..and later you say one tbsp honey. Which one?

• says

Sorry…I started using 2 but as my hair felt more hydrated with future treatment I dropped it to one. If your hair is super dry use two otherwise use one.

63. says

i h’v been on this blog for some days i must say am really impressed, u h’v a very nice post here,pls tell me can i just take a fresh coconut and extract the milk from it and then pure it on my hair just like that or i should add honey as u said, pls which one is more effective and fast? my hair is really really dying,pls i need ur hlp and also how long should i wait to see result becos i have tried so many things in the past i used onion juice, i used potato juice,eggs,olive oil u can see , that is why i need ur hlp so badly i want this to be my final answer pls i need a reply urgent

• says

You should buy the coconut milk from your local supermarket for best results. You will notice a difference with within 2-4 treatments. I noticed my hair was hydrated on the first treatment…this is wonderful for dry damaged hair! Hope it works for you!

64. Tammy Jones says

I have not tried this yet BUT I did buy some Coconut milk today and I have honey already I am planning on trying this more than likely this weekend. I am so excitied about trying it . I have thick I mean thick hair I shed alot and in the shower and my hair grow so so so slow and I have been trying to grow it long for sometime now so I will let you all know how this works for me..Thanks for sharing it…..

65. Chynna Church says

Naturally anything coconut is healthy for your hair and skin. Coconut oil has the same benefits as the milk. I’ve been using organic extra virgin coconut oil on my hair and skin for several weeks now! Both my hair and skin are much healthier. My hair is so much more soft, shiney, and has actually grown more rapidly in length since I’ve been using it. The best part is, it’s only ONE ingridiant and you don’t have to worry about experation in such short time. You can also leave it in overnight for the best results. I recommend coconut oil for many different remedies over all the harsh chemicals out there! Especially if you have dry, damaged, thinning hair. Also, biotin and evening primrose oil vitimins work well too! ☺️☺️☺️

66. Nikki says

*UPDATE*
    The cream contained tiny coconut flakes. The difference between the two is your mix is runny and the cream is flakey. I see that both worked for my hair loss. Since I chopped my hair off the flakes don’t bother me because I wear wigs right now. So for those with chopped hair the flakes are not much of an issue than for those with long hair. The milk works better for long hair. I choose to use the cream for now because it’s a chilly spring and I’ll switch to using the milk in the hot summer months. Thank you so much for this blog post.

67. Rachel Green says

How do you get the honey to blend in with the milk? Mine is just sinking to th e bottom and sticking to the whisk.

• info@gloryboon.com says

I whisk it. I’ve had no problems with the honey not mixing well. Try using warm honey.

68. Robert says

Hello. I’m sorry if someone has asked this already, but too many comments to read through :) Does this coconut treatment work for balding males? Thank you in advance for your reply.

69. Kamry says

how much honey? Reading the comments I see you said “two tablespoons” and you’ve also said “one tablespoon”?

• info@gloryboon.com says

Honey is for moisture. If my hair is feeling dry (mostly in the winter) I use two. If you have normal (not dry) hair I would say one.

70. Xierra Bindon says

I have a 5 year old daughter with natural curly hair but it’s not think and not that long. Can I he this to help grow her hair? Do u have any recommendations?

• info@gloryboon.com says

This is an all natural treatment which is good for everybody. I would do a patch test first to make sure she’s not allergic to the milk or honey.

71. Heidi Lindman says

If you have short hair, can you re- freeze again after the first thawing?
    Or will it be spoiled?

• info@gloryboon.com says

I would not recommend freezing twice. Be generous with the mixture even if you have short hair.

72. LisaMariee says

Okay so I am lyk 17 and I have SUPER THICK CURLY hair and I have an ombre hair style… I have massive hair loss(no, I’m not over exaggerating lol ) and I was wondering if I should use the 2 tbsp orr 1 tbsp of honey…Thanks

• info@gloryboon.com says

The honey is for moisture. If you have really dry hair use 2 tbs…normal hair use 1 tbs. The coconut milk should work wonders for you!

73. Maggie says

I mixed the ingredients together and I also put it inside of a hand soap jar. my question is do I have to refrigerate this mixture?

74. says

I have some questions.
    I found it difficult to apply to dry hair. Can you apply when wet? (just rinse, not necessarily freshly washed) I think it would be easier to distribute and massage until scalp as indicated.
    Do you leave your hair up or down for the time while leaving the mask in?
    Also,how do you know if your shampoo/ conditioner has sulfate?
    Upon washing it out, do you completely wash out with cold water? Or can you shampoo and condition it out with warm then do a cold rinse before finishing??

• info@gloryboon.com says

Apply it wet…it’s easier that way. I leave my hair up with a clip while I have the mixture in my hair, you can also use a shower cap. The mixture is runny so I keep a towel around my neck. I would suggest googling sulfate free shampoos and picking one that’s a good fit for your hair type. A good brand is Shea moisture shampoo.

75. Mafe says

Hi! I wonder if this mixture can be stored or necessary to use all the time you do? I have many problems with my hair is very fine and sparingly before had much and now I have very little, dry and uneven. It is greasy quickly but cuanfo clean looks very dry. If you could give me advice would appreciate growth and healthy hair. Thanks you very much.

• info@gloryboon.com says

It can be stored in the freezer and thawed out once…No need to use all of it, and make sure your work the mixture in the roots. Make sure to use a sulfate free shampoo…the detergents cause breakage and fall out .